Monday, February 18, 2013

Thing #8


There was a lot to see and discover browsing through the different mashups in the Flickr App Garden. I found several interesting apps, but discovered that there were some limitations in using them if you didn’t create a Flickr account. I came across some cool Flickr Apps that I could use in my future history classroom on http://www.whatsthatpicture.com/. This website has created an interactive timeline and an interactive map of Flickr Commons images that make historic pictures easy to locate by time period or location.

Just for fun, I played around with a few mashups such as Mosaic Maker and Spell with Flickr. See below:

 

1. santorini_g5628, 2. Santorini, 3. santorini, 4. Greece!

Appletters Letter H Foam Stamp Letter I letter S T letter O R letter Y

I enjoyed learning about mashups and can definately see a lot of uses for Flickr and the mashups in the classroom. The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment