Google has so many things to offer other than just being a search engine. I use several of their tools on a regular basis such as Goggle Maps and now Goggle Reader. The two Google tools I chose to explore were Google Alerts and Google Translate. I set up a Google Alert for one of my favorite bands so I will know when they release their upcoming tour dates. Google Translate was also a really cool tool. I have used other online translators in the past, but Google Translate has a lot of neat features that I have not seen on some of the other translating sites such as the keyboard that lets you type with the different language characters, the “listen” function which lets you hear how the words are pronounced, and the “word usage example” function.
I can see both of these Google tools being very useful in the classroom. Google Alerts can help you find information and resources on whatever subject you are teaching and keep you up to date on any news related to your field. Students can also use Google Alerts for various projects such as keeping up with current events or finding information on a certain research topic. Google Translate can also be helpful in the classroom, by helping you communicate with an ESL student or with students learning another language.
No comments:
Post a Comment