Sunday, February 17, 2013

Thing #7


Exploring Flickr was fun. This was my first time using the site, but I found it to be pretty interesting and user friendly. One part of the site I really liked was “The Commons” where several museums and archives have come together to share their photography collections.  I also really enjoyed exploring the Library of Congress Flickr page and the historic photos that they have posted. I will definitely be utilizing these resources in my future history classes.
It was fun to type in various things in the search bar and see what photos popped up. When searching for photos of Greece, I came across this beautiful photo from the Sanctuary of Apollo at Delphi. Located on the side of Mount Parnassus, Delphi is one of the most beautiful and majestic places I have ever seen and I believe this photo captures that well. In ancient times, Delphi was one of the most important sacred sites because it was home to the famous Delphic oracle and was also considered to be the center of the world. While studying abroad in Greece, Delphi was my favorite ancient site to visit by far. Browsing through the different photos on Flickr is a great way to reminisce about past travels and experiences. 
Greece-041

Photo by Pinox67 on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinox67/3054162062/

No comments:

Post a Comment