Before discovering RSS, I was using the old way of going to my favorite websites and checking to see if there were any new updates. But now, RSS feeds have made that process a lot simpler and quicker. I have seen that little orange RSS button before on websites, but never really knew what it was. Now I know that I can just click on the orange button and all the information can now come to me in one place. I love that I can just go to my Google Reader and it brings up all the sites that I would normally check on a daily basis in a centralized location, so I can quickly click on whatever new post or article I want to read and not have to search and refresh individual web pages.
Using RSS feeds can be very helpful to teachers because it creates an easy way to stay up-to-date on news and information related to the teaching profession as well as your subject area. If you follow teacher blogs, it allows you to stay connected with other professionals and can help you find lesson plans and ideas to utilize in your classroom. Your students can also utilize RSS feeds to get information on news and current events or follow different feeds related to what they are studying at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment