Monday, January 28, 2013

Thing #3


Using a blog in my future classroom would be a great learning tool. By posting daily activities and homework assignments, parents and students would be able to stay up to date on what is going on in the classroom. They could also post comments or questions that help them stay engaged in what we are doing. Since I plan on being a history teacher maybe I could also use the blog to post about certain historical topics or have daily “This Day in History…” posts. I also like the idea of getting students involved in the blog, by having them post on certain topics themselves and completing assessments by using links, videos, or other information that I have posted in the blog. Students can also participate in class discussions through the blog by posting their thoughts or opinions on various things, which other students can react to. Having a classroom blog opens up a lot of possibilities to create an interactive learning environment for students and provides another medium for teachers to use to supplement their instruction.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea about ‘This Day in History’ posts! It is so important for students to know what has happened in years past since it helps them understand what is happing in our world today. Your idea about using blogs and posts to highlight snippets of history is perfect. It conveys an important message without bogging students down with too much information. Thanks for the idea. That one will go in my Ed Toolbox for sure. From Trish

    ReplyDelete