This is my first experience creating and posting on a blog. I have several
friends that blog and I enjoy reading those as well as other interesting blogs
that I have come across online, but I have never taken the time to create one
of my own. Creating this blog was a fairly easy process. The step by step instructions were helpful. I
guess the most time consuming thing was setting up a new email and registering
for the various sites. I decided to keep things simple by using my name to
post. By titling the blog “Emily’s 23 Things”, I am keeping straight to the
point and feel that it creates a more uniform look when we are labeling each
activity “Thing #1”, “Thing #2”, etc.
It was fun playing with the various backgrounds and
creating my avatar. I tried to make my avatar resemble me as much as possible
with the choices that were available. My favorite color is blue and I do wear a
lot of it, so I chose a blue shirt and jeans. When choosing an accessory, I
went with the laptop since this is a technology class and we are writing a blog.
Overall, creating this blog has been a fun experience
so far. I haven’t encountered any big issues yet. Maybe this project will
inspire me to keep a personal blog going, even after this class is over.
An avatar does not have to be an exact representation of you, it is simply a manifestation of yourself on the internet. For example, if you always wanted to be a fairy and your favorite color is blue, then you can be some sort of water fairy. You do not have to follow the crowed, but for people who are new to these concepts the tutorials for the 23 things is very good.
ReplyDeleteI always feel like I want my avatar to represent me too. I made mine look like me and had its style similar to mine. I figured for this class that I would have it look like me since I am representing myself in the class this way. For my own future personal blogs it would be fun to make avatars that are more fun and different but I feel that if I were to make a blog for teaching purposes that I would use a avatar that represents me in a professional way.
ReplyDelete